Functions of QMC
- Is to be headed by Administrator reporting directly to chairman. He is to be in correspondence with the outside bodies.
- Is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- Is responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- Is responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- Is responsible to develop program specifications. These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- Is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- Is responsible to ensure that the institute’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.