Welcome to Renal dialysis
NWIHS is a well reputed institute for various extensive programs under the flagship of AHL, takes pride in announcing admissions for Bachelors in Renal dialysis therapy which has been one of the newly recognized disciplines by HERA. With the advancements of renal diseases and increasing burden of Dialysis dependant patients having a well equipped dialysis unit with qualified dialysis staff is the need of the day.
Abiding to the footsteps previously taken NWIHS takes extreme pride in announcing the new discipline which is Bachelors in Renal dialysis technology.
Our program in NWIHS is an extensive program which includes advance teaching methodologies and clinical rotation in northwest hospital. Our Hemodialysis unit is a well equipped with advance machines and highly qualified staff where over a hundred of patients undergo dialysis per day. Quality, well qualified and behaved staff, monitoring and adhering to protocols make our unit standout from the others in the province.
We promise to educate not only the basics of renal diseases and renal replacement therapy but also practical exposure to Hemodialysis machine as well as the life saving procedures. We promise to educate the students about various instruments and peritoneal dialysis. Our faculty in NWIHS comprises of highly qualified and professional staff. Our faculty is well-trained in the field and are subject specialists having many years of experience in teaching. The use of information technology and teaching with pedagogy are enabling our teachers to enhance student’s cognitive skills and to develop creativity, leadership, effective communication skills. The main ambition of our program is inculcating research-based and evidence-based practice in our students.
We welcome you to join renal dialysis program where you will learn, enhance and serve the humanity.
Head of Department
INTRODUCTION TO RENAL DIALYSIS TECHNOLOGY
Allied Health Science Renal Dialysis technology is one of the best innovative and pioneering academic training programs, particular emphasis was given to this specialty of Renal Dialysis Technology .over the years this option has become very popular and many students show interest in pursuing this Renal Dialysis Technology. The growing awareness of the Kidney diseases among the people and increasing numbers of Dialysis facilities resulted in significant increase in the career opportunities for these graduates. Needless to state that the technology is also changing and improving and newer machines are being introduced in the field. It is vital for the trained and qualified renal dialysis technologist to keep up with their growing trends and advancements in their area of expertise.
The Renal Dialysis Technology is a life saving cum Quality of life providing field which has direct health impact on chronic renal disease patients. With advances in technology as well as in user – friendly gadgets and methods, Renal Dialysis Technology has dramatically improved the longevity life to these patients. Dialysis technologist also plays an innovative role in Human organ Transplantations as a Transplant Coordinators.
The overall purpose of the Renal Dialysis Technology is to promote inter-professional working enabling Allied Health Professionals to provide high quality care for patients and their careers across the whole of the health and social care sectors. Over the two decades renal dialysis technologist were proved their worth occupying responsible position across the globe.
Head of Department
Role of Dialysis Technologist/ Job Description
- Role as a Physician Assistant: The students passing this course can become assistants to the doctors. This role is the complete to provide all the required training such as Evaluation of accurate history, perform an appropriate physical examination, delineate problems and record a present data.
- Role in Hemodialysis: The technologists play a mars role in delivering high quality of Hemodialysis therapy for the ESRD patients, they are engaged in Periodic inspection of the unit ensures compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Role in Peritoneal dialysis: They play an active role in delivering the peritoneal dialysis therapy well informed and enthusiastic dialysis technology is a great blessing to the nephrologists and the peritoneal dialysis patients.
- Role of Renal Transplantation and Coordination: The renal dialysis technology in transplant coordination has technical, medical, social, psychological and human capabilities. It is a dynamo organ procurement activity in any institution responsibilities are many and varied and span a wide area of expertise and aptitudes.
- Teaching and Research: The renal dialysis technologies are also engaged in the academic teaching process for the students and others nursing staffs. As educators in health dialysis technology follow the core values of Professional and ethical behavior, Respect and appreciation for diversity, Lifelong learning and Social responsibility. This technology give a wider opportunities in the research field Renal Research are dedicated to advancing the scientific knowledge about kidney disease and its treatment options. It is this knowledge that is the solid foundation of any progress towards improvements in patient care.
- Placement of Dialysis Technology: The job placement are for the renal dialysis technology have a wider opportunist, with essential Health offers competitive salary and benefits that include medical life insurance, paid time off, and continuing education including tuition reimbursement.
- Research and Dialysis Technologist Renal dialysis technology wants to do the best job by offering an array of continuing education courses based on research and adult learning principles. Each course has been reviewed by a team of clinical professionals and approved for credit by an authorized accrediting agency. Much recent advancement has been developed and developing in the renal dialysis technology due to many researches they are home Hemodialysis, bio artificial kidney/bio implantable kidneys, and wearable kidneys were developing due to research by these dialysis technology.
Head of Department
|S. No.||Faculty Name||Designation||Department|
Dr Muhammad Ibrar
Head of Department
|2||Dr Aimal Khan||Assistant Professor Nephrology||Renal Department|